A coastal retreat moments from Porthminster Beach with use of hotel spa facilities
The Porthminster Mews townhouses are fabulously located on The Terrace in St Ives, offering picturesque sea and coastal views. Just moments away from St Ives bustling town centre with its collection of independent shops, artisan cafes, award-winning galleries and delicious eateries – you’d struggle to rival this location for your Cornish retreat.
Guests at Porthminster Mews benefit from private off road parking and use of the facilities within The Harbour Hotel, including the spa. Finished to a high standard, there’s a luxury design feel to the townhouses, and bespoke touches such as driftwood tables and coastal inspired artwork from local artists complete the look.
Sleeping four, set over two floors, the accommodation is upside down in style, as you walk into a welcoming hallway with two beautifully spacious bedrooms. Upstairs you’ll find light and airy open plan living spaces, complete with Juliet balconies.
The bedrooms are generous in size. The master bedroom boasts a king size bed, a built-in wardrobe, flatscreen TV and Juliet balcony with beautiful sea views. It also has its own ensuite with bath and shower over. Bedroom two has a zip and lock bed which can be used as a super king or twin set up. There’s a built-in wardrobe and ensuite with bath and shower over.
Upstairs, the contemporary kitchen at the rear of the property is well equipped for all your self catering needs. A light and airy space with white soft-close cabinets, there’s an integral microwave and electric oven, built-in dishwasher and fridge/freezer. It also boasts a central island with two high-backed leather stools.
Enjoy the sea views from the dining table which comfortably seats four. The living space is the perfect place to relax with two plush sofas and an armchair. The large windows, with Juliet balcony allows guests to soak up the views across Porthminster beach. But if you ever tire from the glistening sea views, the living space is equipped with a TV and DVD player to enjoy. Porthminster Mews also benefits from a private decked courtyard, complete with table and four chairs, what better place to enjoy some alfresco dining?
Additional facilities include an additional WC on the ground floor and large utility cupboard with washer/dry and cleaning essentials.
• Both bedrooms are located on the ground floor. The master bedroom has a king size bed, a Juliet balcony with sea views, built-in wardrobe, flatscreen TV and ensuite with a bath and shower over.
• Bedroom two has a zip ‘n’ lock super king bed which can also be used as a twin set up. There’s a built-in wardrobe, dressing table with mirror, tall boy cabinet and ensuite with a bath and shower over.
• There is an additional WC on the ground floor and utilities cupboard, which includes a washer/dryer, clothes airer, vaccum, mop and bucket.
• The upstairs is a contemporary open plan living space.
• A fully-fitted modern kitchen with integral microwave and electric single oven,
under counter fridge/freezer, a built-in dishwasher, kettle and toaster.
• A marble effect island unit with 2 leather stools for additional eating space.
• Wooden dining table seating four alongside an additional dining table and chairs outside on the terrace.
• The living area boasts two plush sofas and a relaxing armchair, plus a creative driftwood coffee table which makes a fabulous focal point.
• There’s a flatscreen TV and DVD player.
• There is parking for 1 vehicle located within the Mews car park, adjacent to the apartment entrance.
• Use of St Ives Harbour Hotel’s facilities, including spa. The hotel’s swimming pool is accessible for children 16 and under between 9.30-10.30am and 3.30-5pm. Children must be supervised by an adult.
St Ives is located in western Cornwall. There is plenty to do in St Ives and it is a fantastic location if you plan on exploring a little further afield too.
One of St Ives most well-known attractions is the Tate St Ives, which is one of only four Tate galleries in the UK and is a haven for lovers of modern art. Artists praise St Ives for its beautiful light and it has inspired many pieces.
The cobbled streets of St Ives are home to many shops, galleries and cafes and most businesses are small independents or artisans. Check out Cornwall Soapbox for handmade soaps and aromatherapy products made in Cornwall!
When visiting St Ives, there are many bars, restaurants and cafes to choose from. Porthminster Kitchen regularly receives great reviews and has a strong focus on fresh local food or head to Blas Burgerworks for a tasty handcrafted burger using ingredients sourced from the area.
For beach lovers, there are plenty to choose from… St Ives Harbour Beach, Porthgwidden Beach, Porthkidney Beach or Carbis Bay to name but a few. Families and couples will enjoy relaxing on the sand or playing in the water. St Ives Surf School offers sessions for surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding and coasteering. All great fun! If you prefer to stay a little drier though, St Ives Boat Trips run sea-life safaris to see the local dolphins and seals!
St Ives sits at the bottom of the A30, so if you are looking to explore more of the Cornwall coast, then this is a great base and you can book ferries for day trips to the Scilly Isles from Penzance (only a 20 minute drive away).
Porthminster Mews 2 is available weekly from a Saturday. Please click on the arrival date in bold from the calendars below to make your online booking...
Short breaks or alternative arrival dates may also be available. Please Submit an Enquiry below...
Booking fee: There is a non-refundable booking fee of £28 per booking
Damage deposit: A refundable damage deposit of £200 is payable. This will be held until the end of the occupancy and will be returned to the guest within 2 weeks of departure, subject to deductions for any damage to property caused during the occupancy.
NB. All bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
2 bedrooms sleeping 4
2 ensuites and 1 separate WC
Access to the Harbour Hotel's spa facilities
Idyllic location on 'The Terrace' in St Ives
Moments from Porthminster Beach
Modern well-equipped kitchen
Large terrace with table and chairs
Open-plan living space
Parking for 1 vehicle located within the Mews car park,
Stylish Juliet balconies