Large luxury home near Padstow set amongst a sizeable, secluded garden
If you’re looking for a spacious getaway with a touch of luxury, a stay at Peacehay Barn is just the ticket. Sleeping 12, you’ll get space and tranquillity in abundance here. Situated less than four miles away from the popular fishing town of Padstow, Peacehay Barn is your own slice of heaven surrounded by rolling Cornish hills.
The perfect space for a big family gathering or special occasion, this property has been built to a high specification, boasting no less than six bedrooms and five bathrooms. Lending itself to the delights of group entertaining, there’s a large open-plan living area situated on the first floor. The modern kitchen is a budding chef’s delight, fully equipped with high spec appliances, while the lounge is complete with a wall-mounted Smart TV, cosy wood-burner and lavish leather sofas, plus guests will enjoy sitting around the chunky wooden dining table at the light-flooded dining space. There’s also a substantial balcony off from the kitchen, a great space to sit back and enjoy the enveloped countryside views, or a spot of alfresco dining.
The luxury continues through the bedrooms, of which there are six. The deluxe master bedroom comes complete with king-size bed, a private balcony and ensuite. Five further bedrooms are located on the ground floor, three of which have their own ensuites. These well-appointed bedrooms predominantly boast king size beds, with one bedroom set up as a twin and one as a double. There’s also a contemporary family bathroom with freestanding bath and dual head thermostatic shower over.
It’s rare to find a property with an exterior to match, but Peacehay Barn outdoor space is exceptional, complete with bursts of colour from the magnificent flora on offer. There’s a large, secluded courtyard complete with hot tub, sun loungers and picnic benches. Cook up a storm with the supersize BBQ, enjoy a kickabout on the impressive football area or let your four-legged friend enjoy the space. There’s also plenty of room to park multiple cars.
• There’s a cloakroom with WC and basin and utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and sink.
• Bedroom suite two features a king-size bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, sofa, chair, TV, dressing table, countryside views. It has an ensuite with a bath and shower over.
• Bedroom three has king-size bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, countryside views and an ensuite shower room.
• Bedroom four has a double bed, dressing table, chest of drawers and an ensuite shower room.
• Bedroom five has a king-size bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, dressing table.
• Bedroom six has twin beds and a wardrobe.
• There’s also a family bathroom on this floor with a bath and shower over.
• There’s an open-plan lounge, kitchen, diner.
• In the lounge area there’s a wall-mounted Smart TV, woodburner, two large sofas and two armchairs.
• The dining table comes with eight plush chairs and an additional bench to be used at the breakfast bar. It leads onto a substantial balcony, equipped with dining furniture.
• The modern, well-equipped kitchen features a built-in electric oven, induction hob, two dishwashers, integrated microwave, full height fridge, under-counter freezer and a separate wine cooler. There’s also a Melitta coffee filter machine.
• The master suite is on this floor. This suite boasts a king-size bed, a private balcony with stunning countryside views, alongside a TV, sofa, chair, chest of drawers, wardrobe, and dressing table. There’s an ensuite bathroom with shower over.
• Additional cloakroom with WC and basin.
• Peacehay Barn has 1.5 acres of landscaped gardens, including a large football and cricket area to be enjoyed by guests.
• There are two patio areas with plenty of garden furniture, four sun loungers, a barbecue and a hot tub.
• Private parking for four cars.
High-quality bed linen and towels are provided at all of Cornish Secrets properties.
Peacehay Barn is near the village on St Issey, which boasts a traditional 17th century village pub Ring O’Bells and retains many of its original features and there’s also a restaurant and pub just on the outskirts called The Pickwick.
Practically on Peacehay’s doorstep is Trevibban Mill Vineyard – which offers tours and tasting and a delicious wine menu alongside sharing boards. This property is also just over a mile from family favourite Camel Creek – the perfect place to head when the Cornish weather isn’t up to scratch. You’re also less than a 10 minute drive to award-winning Prawn on the Lawn, known for its sensational small plates.
Popular Padstow, is just four miles away. It sits on the Camel Estuary, opposite its neighbouring village, Rock. Both are connected by a short ferry ride and each has its own unique identity.
Padstow itself is more known for its harbour than beaches. However, being on the wild north coast, beautiful sandy spots are not very far away at all. Daymer Bay, Harlyn Bay and Constantine Bay are all in easy reach, plus lesser known Mother Ivey’s Bay and Booby’s Bay are certainly worth a visit. And around five miles of south of Padstow, Porthcothan Bay is a large sandy beach which is popular with families and surfers alike.
Time spent in Padstow will be filled with fun and food! Every foodie in the UK knows Padstow is the place to come to experience the best fresh locally sourced ingredients and in particular, seafood! Celebrity chef, Rick Stein, has a number of businesses here including a cafe, a delicatessen, a bakery, a restaurant and his famous fish and chips. Rick isn’t the only mover and shaker in town though and Padstow has many strings to its bow, including No.6 by Paul Ainsworth. There is a good mix of foods here too and a pasty from the Chough’s bakery is just as well advised, followed by a famous Roskilly’s ice cream.
Whilst the food at Padstow is definitely a highlight, it is not all that Padstow and Rock have to offer. Why not catch a Sealife Safari to see local seals, dolphins and if you are lucky, a basking shark. It’s a great way to experience the coast.
For those who enjoy jumping in feet first, there is always plenty of fun to be had with Ocean High, who offer lessons in stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and kite-surfing in Rock. Brea Beach at Rock has soft golden expanses of sand that are a perfect place to relax with the family and take a dip in the water. If you want to take it inland then why not cycle the Camel Trail which provides an easy route to cycle to Bodmin.
If you enjoy a heated pool to relax in, Rock’s luxury spa Cowshed might be more up your street. Cowshed is part of the St Moritz Spa and Hotel, where you can indulge in some serious pampering and relaxation. Perfect for getting ready before a night out at local restaurant, Paul Ainsworth’s The Mariners, where you can take in the view of the twinkling Padstow lights across the water.
Peacehay Barn is well placed to explore further afield, you’re positioned close enough to the A39 to make day trips to Bude, St Ives and the south coast easy to reach. There is so much to explore in this area, that you will never be bored!
Peacehay Barn is available weekly from a Saturday.
Other arrival dates and short breaks are also available out of peak times.
Please click on your arrival date in bold from the calendars below to make your online booking…
Short breaks or alternative arrival dates may also be available. Please Submit an Enquiry below...
Booking fee: There is a non-refundable booking fee of £35 per booking
Damage deposit: A refundable damage deposit of £500 is payable. This will be held until the end of the occupancy and will be returned to the guest within 2 weeks of departure, subject to deductions for any damage to property caused during the occupancy.
Dog stays: £35/dog/week – up to 2 dogs welcome with prior permission.
NB. All bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Large holiday home sleeping 12
Six bedrooms, four boast ensuites
King-size master bedroom suite with balcony
Additional family bathroom
Secluded hot tub
Countryside retreat with expansive grounds
Close to Trevibban Mill Vineyard
Two balconies with stunning views
Four miles from Padstow
Open-plan living area with smartTV and woodburning stove
Two patio areas complete with barbecue
Private parking for four cars
A huge thank you for our stay at Peacehay Barn – we had a truly wonderful weekend, the house is simply stunning... all in all it was a huge success. Thank you for all your help and support during the booking process also – we will certainly be booking one of your other properties again.