A stunning countryside property with spoiling sea views
Situated off a private single-track lane, Lower Hendra Cottage is charmingly rural. This gleaming white building houses a beautifully spacious family home, fully engulfed by rolling hills and 180º sea views, making Lower Hendra Cottage the perfect coastal escape.
With an enviable coastal setting, while Lower Hendra Cottage may be positioned off the beaten track, guests still benefit from being within easy reach (1.5 miles) of Cornish hot spot Port Isaac and Tintangel is a mere 7 miles away. You’re also situated just a 100 yards from the coastal footpath, meaning Cornwall can be explored from your doorstep.
This thoughtfully designed house sits pretty in an elevated position, benefitting from plenty of natural light and stunning panoramic sea views right along the rugged North Cornwall coast. Sleeping up to 10 guests comfortably in four bedrooms, there’s one twin room, two spacious doubles and a master suite with a king size bed. And due to this property’s south-west facing aspect, all bedrooms boast incredible far-reaching sea views. Elegant bedrooms are decorated with antique beds and coastal styling combinations, which sees high standard, tasteful décor complete the lavish picture. There’s also an additional sofa bed in the downstairs snug, which provides extra sleeping space if required. From the second bedroom, follow the stairs to find an additional snug, the perfect spot to while away the hours. There are two plush bean bags situated by the large ocean-facing window, plus two additional sofa beds and a large Smart TV for guests to enjoy.
The master bedroom is a real showstopper and comes complete with an exposed contemporary ensuite, a bespoke king-sized bed and large balcony to fully appreciate the coastal backdrop. Guests can also soak up the sea views from the upstairs family bathroom, or head downstairs where there’s a stunning bathroom with Witt & Berg Antique style copper bateau bathtub and dreamy freestanding shower.
The sense of space and size really does set this property apart. The large open plan split level kitchen and lounge space is wonderfully light and spacious thanks to the triple aspect windows. The perfect place to entertain, you’re more than catered for at Lower Hendra Cottage. The kitchen is every chef’s dream, radiating a laidback coastal style with beamed and vaulted ceilings, it’s a stunning spot to cook up a storm if you can stop admiring the view.
In the lounge, you’re well set up for a cosy night in. There’s a Woodwarm Stove, hand-crafted in Devon, sumptuous sofas and armchairs plus a large wall-mounted Smart TV for guests to enjoy. Outside, is impressive in equal measures. A wraparound decked terrace and sizeable garden bordered by Cornish stone walls is enveloped by beautiful countryside and far-reaching sea views, best enjoyed from the large garden furniture set. Naturally, a home of this calibre also offers a bubbling hot tub, the perfect spot to sit back and soak up the breathtaking landscape.
Evening entertainment is sorted with the games room, as you enter the property. Complete with football table and pool table where families can battle it out. Lower Hendra Cottage really does occupy an idyllic setting with plenty of parking, easy access to the coast path, and Port Gaverne harbour and pretty Port Isaac just a short drive away.
• As you enter the property you’ll be greeted by a games room, complete with football table and pool table.
• Downstairs snug/office which also has a sofa bed for additional sleeping space.
• Large sea-view bathroom with Witt & Berg Antique style copper bateau bathtub and freestanding shower.
• Large open plan split level kitchen designed in a laidback coastal style with beamed and vaulted ceilings and triple aspect windows. Expect high-specification appliances, including a double range oven, freestanding Zanussi fridge freezer and additional fridge. There’s a traditional Belfast sink alongside a dishwasher and a microwave. Guests are well catered for with plenty of pots and pans, crockery, and glassware. There’s also a high-quality coffee machine, kettle and four-slice Dualit toaster.
• There’s a large wooden table in the kitchen with six brightly-coloured seats, alongside a characterful wooden pew bench.
• A back door is located in the kitchen, which accesses a slated terrace complete with large table and chairs and a wooden bench.
• You can also access a further terrace through glassed sliding doors.
• The living space has two large sofas, two armchairs and additional cinema style seating. There’s a Woodwarm Stove and large wall-mounted SmartTV.
• Family bathroom with shower over bath, complete with sea views. Plus separate WC.
• The master bedroom is full of charm and benefits from natural light, it features vaulted ceilings with beams. There’s an integrated contemporary ensuite designed in a modern wet room style and a bespoke raised king-sized bed. There is a large freestanding wardrobe, and double doors lead out to an impressive and sizeable balcony.
• The second bedroom has a double bed, with stairs leading to an impressive snug space. In the snug, there are two plush bean bags situated by the large ocean-facing window, plus two additional sofas which transform into single beds and a large Smart TV.
• Bedroom three is a generous size and features a double bed and large windows to make the most of the sea view.
• Bedroom four is a delightful twin, which benefits from a stunning sea view.
• There’s a wraparound terrace/deck and a large garden which is bordered by Cornish stone walls. The bubbling hot tub is easily accessed through patio doors in the open-plan living space. There are two sun loungers, plus outdoor dining furniture to enjoy a family meal al fresco.
• There’s plenty of parking space for up to four cars.
Port Isaac – Porth Izzick in Cornish – is less than 3 miles away and a hugely popular, bustling little village, with a quaint but quintessential flavour of Cornwall’s past, in North Cornwall. Starting as a fishing village in the 14th century, it’s steeped in history and in the literal sense too, with plenty of narrow winding lanes. Visiting is a must, and if you’re feeling fit then we’d recommend walking to avoid parking in the village.
Port Gaverne sits just beside Port Isaac. There’s a pretty harbour and a dog-friendly beach, moderately sheltered, there are more rockpools to be discovered and some enchanting caves too. There’s a restaurant and cafe, making it a perfect spot for an afternoon of fun. Pilchards cafe serves a range of light bites and drinks, whilst the Port Gaverne Restaurant has a select menu of dishes, proudly made with the best locally sourced ingredients.
A nearby area of interest has to be neighbouring Trebarwith Strand, which is about four miles from Lower Hendra Cottage. Pretty Trebarwith has a must-visit beach which is popular, partly because the tide comes right in and covers the sand leaving plenty of large flattish rocks to walk on in a unique landscape. Just off the beach, perched in the bay, is Gull Rock, home to many local sea birds, a part of the seascape. Complete with two wonderful pubs; Port William and The Mill House, and a The Strand Café at Trebarwith, you’re taken care of when hunger strikes, or you need to refuel.
A short drive away (6 miles) will find Tintagel steeped in the history, legends and folklore. English Heritage’s famous Tintagel Castle has recently opened its new bridge, where you can explore the legend of King Arthur, whilst taking in the magnificent views out to the Atlantic Ocean.
Lower Hendra is available weekly from a Friday. Please click on the arrival date in bold from the calendars below to make your online booking...
Short breaks or alternative arrival dates may also be available. Please Submit an Enquiry below...
Booking fee: There is a non-refundable booking fee of £28 per booking
Damage deposit: A refundable damage deposit of £500 is payable. This will be held until the end of the occupancy and will be returned to the guest within 2 weeks of departure, subject to deductions for any damage to property caused during the occupancy.
NB. All bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Sleeps up to 10 in four bedrooms & snug
Large countryside property with spoiling sea views
Stunning views rolling hills and 180º sea views
Bubbling hot tub with coastal and countryside views
Master suite with ensuite and large ocean-facing balcony
South-West facing aspect with sea views from all bedrooms and main rooms
Easy access to the South West Coast Path
Beautiful coastal-inspired decor throughout
A chef’s dream large kitchen with high-spec appliances
Large outside space with Cornish stone walls
Large relaxing snug with breathtaking views
Antique style copper bateau bathtub
Games room with football table and pool table
Within easy reach of Port Gaverne and Port Isaac